Personal Reflection

Personal Reflection

Reflection of the project, I am happy with the outcome that I have produced, I am not overly happy but this is because of personal feelings towards the module and the structure. I really like being told a structure to follow such as a baseline brief that could go many ways. I feel like I shut down when doing this brief as I did not have a solid idea which set me back as I did not produce anything solid till around week 5, which is a lot of time to waste. I did not like the idea of such an open brief but that is just a personal gripe that I had as my mind does not just like the idea of doing one thing for 12 weeks like this task of do a brief, which is a personal flaw. I feel like the outcome of the project was decent but there is a lot I could do to improve my response to the brief.

The proposal I ended up doing was a game design that could help raise money through advertisements and help tackle climate change. I went for this because I felt like this is what I wanted to produce and I was quite stubborn to other ideas once I set my mind to a task. The main aim as to produce something that could tackle the topic of climate change in a way that was not too much spoon fed to the audience but tickled into the game around a dystopian not too distant future. What I do wish I had done was to do interviews and target groups to see how they reacted to the motion graphic. Also, I wished I had done more genre research but because of lack of motivation and time this as not achieved and is something that if I did this sort of task again I would do more, I also read a book that would have helped with a task like this but I did not get time to do a full analysis or read the full book because of time constraints and having to do other projects at the same time.

Aesthetically I feel like this app is really nice and modern, there is a nice mixture of skeuomorphism design and flat design. I wish I had spent more time doing more assets and designs as I feel like I rushed them and didn’t really reflect what could have been possible with the 12 weeks.

I feel that I did enjoy the challenge of designing an app in the end couple of weeks but I wished I had thrown myself into the task much earlier so I could have elevated the motion graphics more and created a Symbiotic multi touch point marketing campaign.

I feel overall that I have made the app to a satisfactory standard and that is all I could wish for but If I were to do this again, I would think about elevating my product to a higher standard.